Patrick J. Hall, ’74
Job title: Co-owner/co-president of Majority Plus bipartisan governmental relations firm in Oklahoma
MSU degree: Bachelor’s in education, 1974
Other education: Masters in Public Administration, University of Oklahoma, 1980
- Hall has worked in Oklahoma politics for more than 42 years. For 16 years, he was executive director and CEO of the 12,000 member Oklahoma Public Employees Association. From 1996 to 1999, he served as the CEO of the Oklahoma Democratic Party. Since 1999, he has owned a consulting company. In 2004, he partnered with Jim Dunlap (a former Republican elected official) in Majority Plus. Hall and Dunlap have been the co-hosts of a Television Show “Inside the Issues” for the last 19 years.
- Hall is a fixture at the Oklahoma State Capitol. He is known for the ability to create bipartisanship among lawmakers. He has fought for causes that would improve the lives of the citizens of Oklahoma. His government relations experience includes drafting, tracking and advocating for legislation, as well as preparation and presentation of testimony before legislative committees, regulatory agencies and constituency groups.
- He is also president of his own company, The Capital Group, L.L.C., a consulting firm that specializes in public relations, government relations, political campaign management, communications, board and media relations, and not-for-profit association management. He has managed over 80 political campaigns in Oklahoma from Mayors to Governors.
- He holds the Certified Association Executive designation from the American Society for Association Executives where he served on that organizations Board for many years.He received the Carl Albert Award and is in the Oklahoma Democratic Party Hall of Fame, was given the OPEA Lifetime Service Award and has achieved many other honors.
- Hall is active in Rotary International, American Legion, Disabled American Veterans and more.
- At MSU, he was in ROTC program. He served in the U.S. Army from 1974-77 and was a Captain in the Military Police Corps. Also at MSU he was active in the Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity, serving as President for 2 terms.
- He is the owner/partner of a clothing stores, Lady Austin’s in Altus, Oklahoma.
- Pat Hall has been married to Melanie, an Attorney, for 38 years and they reside in Norman, Oklahoma
THE CAPITAL GROUP, L.L.C.
August 1999 to Present
Manage a multi-faceted consulting firm that specializes in public relations, government relations, political campaign management, communications, board and media relations, and not-for-profit association management.
January, 1996 to Present
Owner of Lady Austin's and Austin's Fine Menswear in Altus Oklahoma.
THE CARL ALBERT FOUNDATION, INC.
President/Chief Executive Officer
February 1996 to December 1999
Responsible for administration of the educational foundation; fund-raising; directing the Institute for Progress, the research arm of the Foundation; and the creation of a leadership academy for young Oklahomans.
OKLAHOMA DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
February 1996 to August 1999
Responsible for administration of the Party in accordance with the organization’s bylaws and policies. Developed and coordinated statewide campaign strategy; fund-raising; and campaign management. Served as liaison to elected officials, coalitions, organizations and the media.
OKLAHOMA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION
Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer
March 1980 to January 1996
Managed all aspects of a 12,000 member, statewide, not-for-profit association, including budgeting, personnel administration, membership recruitment, training, board relations, communications and government relations. Served as the lobbyist and principal spokesperson for the association.
UNITED STATES ARMY
Captain, Military Police Corps
June 1974 to October 1977
Served as military police company grade officer, platoon leader, special weapons and tactics (SWAT) team commander and Military Police Investigations commander.
Masters in Public Administration, University of Oklahoma, 1980
Bachelor of Science in Education, Southwest Missouri State University, 1974
Professional Membership & Activities
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVES (ASAE)
Positions held in the professional organization for over 20,000 association managers; Executive Committee Vice-Chair, Board Member, Membership Development Committee Chair, A-PAC Vice-Chair, Legislative Committee Chair, and assignments to various other committees and task forces.
Member of ASAE Fellows, a recognition given to only 150 association executives since the award was created in 1986.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVES FOUNDATION
Position held: Member, Board of Directors
OKLAHOMA SOCIETY OF ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVES
Position held: President, Board Member, Membership Committee Chair, and Treasurer
Position held: President, Board Member, Sooner Club, Norman, Oklahoma
DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS
State Government Committies, Task Forces And Commissions
University of Oklahoma Political Communications Advisory Council
Oklahoma Child Care Advisory Task Force
Oklahoma State Employee Assistance Program Advisory Committee
Oklahoma Public Employees Retirement System Coalition
State and Education Employees Group Health Insurance Legislative Task Force
Oklahoma State Employees Flexible Benefits Advisory Council
Oklahoma Board on Legislative Compensation
Oklahoma Council for Executive Branch Reorganization
American Cancer Society
Oklahoma Center for Orthopedic & Multi-Specialty Surgery
Phillips Murrah, P.C.
Oklahoma Psychiatric Physicians
Consulate General of Japan, Houston
Whetsel for Oklahoma County Sheriff
The Oklahoma Propane Dealers Association
Black Cat Warehouse (Fireworks)
Oklahoma State Medical Association
Chesapeake Energy Corporation